Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Of Roosters and Chocolate!

This is my adopted roo, T-Rex, who I saved from the landlady's stew pot. He has turned out to be a friendly and rather intelligent yard companion and will follow me around as I work in the yard and garden His real weakness, tho', is getting into the farm cats cat food. He has scared the poor cat away many times, chasing poor Kiki around the yard and beating his wings loudly. I'm always laughing too hard to snap a pic.  But as I've been out getting what's left of my poor garden  put away for the year, he been a tireless eater of stray bugs and I'm really looking forward to my  chicks and ducklings. I am a city girl turned farmgirl, and I would have never pegged myself as a chicken person, but there it is!

Lately I've been indulging my chocolate addiction and  this recipe if the best of the best for pure chocolate heaven!

Fancy French (Flourless) Chocolate Cake


Ingredients:
7 oz  semisweet chocolate (45-50 % cocoa)
4/5 cup  butter
1 cup  sugar
4 eggs, separated

   1. Preheat oven to 350deg F
   2. Line a 9 in  cake pan with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
   3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water.
   4. Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar.
   5. Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
   6. Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
   7. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
   8. Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
   9. Use a knife to separate the cake from the non-stick paper. Please observe that the cake is quite sticky!


Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment