Saturday, November 5, 2011

Starry, starry COLD night!

 http://www.flickr.com/people/jekert/

I hate to open a post bragging, but I feel that I really hit the lucky jackpot today.! To start off though, Drew has also started coming down with my cold, so we were both grumpy bears all day. Traffic, such as we have in Moscow Idaho, was just messed up. People were just totally crazy on the road and coming from a Seattle girl, that says a lot!  The big bummer part was that it looks like our really cool quilt shop is either closing or moving, and I'm afraid that its going to just close. We don't have any other near by quilt shops  =(
But our next stop was a local meat seller and we bought some really good cuts of bison and a half turkey (the breast and drumsticks only) for Thanksgiving. YUM!  then on to a few thrift shops and a bit of antiquing! I found two big beautiful ribbed ball shaped jars with lids, and old coal scuttle, a small decoupaged coal scuttle, which may end up as a Christmas centerpiece and some old tin cookie cutters. At the next place on my list, I found 9 yards of extra wide burlap for $16, 4 yards of heavy red felt for $3, a bunch of gorgeous baskets and numerous sewing supplies. and finally at Goodwill, I found a large bag of cloth ribbon, a bunch of candles, 8 gorgeous old punch cups (since I can't find the one's from my great aunt)  two beautiful Christmas craft book for my Christmas craft book addiction and a seriously hot long flowing cranberry red/black cherry red dress. Altogether it was an incredible day of being in the right place at the right time and I actually got away really not spending all that much !

You might as well know now that I am an artsy, rather liberal minded, penny pinching, homestead dreamin' old crazzy chick with an addiction to good cowboy music ( who is your favorite? suggestions please!) other kinds of good music, dark chocolate, cooking, books, hats, big dogs, bigger horses, people who are straight shooters, the feeling of my hubby's arms around me, the word "Sale" and crafting things, even though I'm kind of a black-thumb crafter! Thankfully, I'm a self-taught food snob and cook  (my mama fed us tv dinners and wonderbread with bologna and velveeta, I had no choice but to learn!) and have a nice list of things to bake, cook, can, pickle and distil for my Christmas baskets/bags to make up for any clumsy stitchery!


Its cold and starry-clear, so since I suck at night time photography, I'm sharing a photo from flickr creative commons instead =) It should be down in the low 20's tonight and I can't wait for the first real snow fall!

So...

Blessings and happy dreams!

Annika



No comments:

Post a Comment